Winter at the Palace: A New York State of Mind is a gala evening of fine entertainment, food and spirits to benefit Arts at the Palace (AATP), on Saturday, December 9th from 7 pm – 11pm at Arts at the Palace (19 Utica Street) in Hamilton, NY.
Experience the flavors of New York, from Manhattan to Upstate, along with New York wine and beer and specialty cocktails. The highly popular oyster bar will be returning for this year’s gala and will be featured alongside boiled shrimp with sauces, lobster cocktail, snow crab claws, and salmon with dill soufflé. A charcuterie table with fresh vegetables, meats, pate, and cheeses will be featured on the main floor along with mini ruebens, lamb lollipops, blini with caviar or apple butter, and mini knishes. For dessert, mini cheesecakes with assorted toppings, biscotti, and mini cannoli will be served.
Once again the evening will feature a live and silent auction with exciting and intriguing items and opportunities including:
• A 6-day South African photo safari for two: a tantalizing taste of the wild in the heart of South Africa’s richest conservation valued at nearly $6000. Includes food and lodging.
• A Night in NYC: Two tickets to any show at the City Winery (that’s not sold out!) plus $100 toward food and drink during the show. Trip also includes one overnight stay in downtown Manhattan and a $150 visa card to spend as you choose.
• The Hamilton Movie Theater will bring the movies under the stars to you! Pair that with a 1/2 keg of Good Nature Beer and BBQ catering for 50 from Ray Brothers BBQ and you’ll have the best night of the summer
• 2 Red Sox tickets in the Coke Box! Includes one night overnight accommodations at the Inn at St. Botolph and a $200 visa card you can put towards dinner at a restaurant of your choice.
Silent auction items include:
• 2 museum passes to the Baseball Hall of Fame
• Dinner for 6 by a local chef using all locally made products
Live music will be performed by The JJ Murphy Sextet, featuring Jessica Brown. As a composer and a guitarist, J.J. Murphy brings a soulful vitality to contemporary music. His sound is a contemplative blend of folk, blues, and jazz-often channeling modern luminaries such as Bill Frisell and Ry Cooder while evoking music from the traditional American vernacular. Frequent collaborator Ryan Connors (Dynamo) defines Murphy’s style as “the blues-inspired rawness of Eric Clapton with the jazz vocabulary and sensitivity of Bill Frisell. Bobby Tisdale will be the evening’s Master of Ceremonies.
“We can’t wait to open our doors and showcase the tremendous art and cultural resources we have right here in Hamilton,” said Roger Bauman, AATP board president. “This will truly be an evening to remember with incredible food, drinks, music, unique auction items, fun times with friends and family, and maybe even a surprise or two throughout the night!”
Tickets for Winter at the Palace are $50 per person ($60 per person at the door) and include a delicious selection of hors d’oeuvres, dessert, and New York State beer and wines. Food and drinks are provided by Chartwells, Winter at the Palace’s title sponsor. The evening is also sponsored by Syracuse Banana Co. Inc. and Purdy & Sons, as well as Haynor Hoyt, Utica Coffee Roasting Company, First Transit, Ralston Supply Center, Inc., Community Bank, N.A., Heidelberg Bread, Bill & Jeanne Steely, 8 Fresh, Hamilton, Ed & Tori Carhart, Hamilton Village Wine and Spirits, Burt Marshall, and D’Arcangelo.
Arts at the Palace is a community arts organization dedicated to presenting, developing and expanding the reach of the arts within the Central New York region. As an organization focused on inclusion, innovation and imagination, Arts at the Palace will nurture a vibrant arts community, foster artistic excellence, and inspire creative exchange through community connection and collaboration.
Click here to purchase tickets.